Friday, April 18, 2008

The problem with coffee in the morning…

…is that you have to somehow manage to get it into your system before you’ve had any coffee.

Eyeglasses have a similar problem. When you misplace your glasses, you soon discover the inherent difficulty in looking for something that you can’t see until you’ve found it.

But the coffee problem is definitely worse.

4 comments:

purltoo said...

DH sets up the coffee at night and, since I get up first I push the button on. It lights up so fortunately I can see it without my glasses. It's amazing the sorts of problems that are problems. Besides DH who has to find my glasses (and I, his) I've never spoken with anyone who has these two problems in common. Do you have steel frames? They blend into everything.

Erin said...

I have to be honest. I have never had trouble with morning coffee, but I'll admit this may be because making coffee is such an integral part of my morning ritual that I could do it in my sleep. It's such a habitual process that I can't set it up the night before because I inevitably hit the button and brew the coffee.

I contend that glasses are much worse, especially when your brown frames match your brown sheets and your brown bedside table.

Sarah said...

On the day in question, it wasn't so much the making coffee that was the problem.

I got all the way across campus to the computer lab before I realized that I had left my coffee sitting on the table by the door. So I went back and got it. And then, a few minutes later, I spilled the entire thing all over the floor.

Erin said...

I never spill my early morning coffee. (Just my mid morning, late morning, lunchtime, afternoon, and evening coffee.)